The first appointment frequently reveal receding gums, exposed roots, wobbly teeth, and other problems. The gum examinations include taking measurements of the spaces between your teeth and gums, to determine current gum health.
If you are referred by your dentist, it would be helpful to bring:
- The referral form
- Any x-rays from your referring dentist.
- A list of medications you are currently taking.
- Any medical condition of concern prior to treatment
After the initial examination, our specialist periodontist will discuss the findings, inform the diagnosis, and provide various treatment plan. Between the treatment coordinator, the specialist periodontist, and yourself, we will formulate and customise a treatment plan best suited to your needs.
Gum disease, Gingivitis, and Periodontitis commonly require general maintenance. It is common to be placed with follow-up examinations, professional cleans, and periodontal debridements.
Multiple visits is effective in keeping your gums healthy and help prevent the disease from getting worse.
Depending on the severity of the Gingivitis/Periodontitis/gum disease:
- Most conditions will recommend 6 monthly maintenance
- Problems requiring more attention may require 2-3 monthly maintenance