Frequently Asked Questions
What are common signs and symptoms of periodontal disease?
- Red, swollen or tender gums or other pain in your mouth
- Bleeding while brushing, flossing, or when eating certain foods
- Gums that are receding or pulling away from the teeth, causing the teeth to look longer than before
- Loose or separating teeth
- Pus between your gums and teeth
- Sores in your mouth
- Persistent bad breath
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- A change in the fit of partial dentures
If you notice any of these symptoms, get in touch with us straight away.
Will I need periodontal surgery?
Not everyone needs periodontal surgery. If treated early, gum disease can be controlled without surgery. We will make recommendations based on your individual situation. Our philosophy of practice is to treat as conservatively as possible to attain treatment goals.
When will I go back to my general dentist?
Our office and your dentist will work closely together. If crowns and fillings are needed your dentist will provide them. Regular visits to your dentist are an important part of periodontal maintenance.
What is a Periodontist?
A periodontist is a dental specialist who focuses on the treatment of periodontal (gum) disease and other oral conditions affecting the soft and hard tissues of the mouth that support the teeth. Periodontal disease affects the support around teeth including the jawbones and gum. After five years of dental school and a minimum of two years in general dental practice, the a periodontist completes an additional 3 years of university based training.
How can Dental Implants help you?
When searching for a solution to replace missing teeth we are no longer limited to just removable dentures, there are now highly sophisticated dental implants available.
- Dental implants can be used for a variety of situations:
- When missing a single front or back tooth
- When missing more than one tooth
- To replace an entire jaw of failed teeth or both upper and lowers jaws
- To replace removable dentures
- For denture stabilisation
- By using porcelain bridge supported onto two implants to replace multiple teeth
Do you have parking?
Yes, we offer free patient parking at the back of the building.